SOS Children's Village British Columbia (Canada) Society
SOS Children's Village BC was incorporated in 1986. The Village, our flagship program, was created as a
grass roots response to the unmet needs of children and youth in the foster care system; namely the
frequent replacement for children and youth in care.
- Caregiver Support: helping foster parents understand the psychological dynamics of vulnerable children
- Individual and Family Counselling: to children, youth, and families.
- Expressive Arts Therapies: to help children surface their emotions.
- Learning Club: supporting the academic and social development of children.
- Camps and Recreation: supporting children develop social skills and improve their sense of belonging.
- Cultural: Elder storytelling, dancing, drumming, and other activities.
- Youth services: Transition to Adulthood Program helps youth with individual support to become
independent, pursue education, and employment.
Year Intensive Housing Program: places youth in our transitional suites to help them prepare for
After Care: provides a lifelong support to youth when needed.
Mission: We provide homes, a supportive community, and programs to help foster children and youth in
need grow into caring, self-reliant adults.
Vision: Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect, and security.
WE SERVE THESE POPULATIONS:
- Children & Youth, Homeless, Immigrants, Indigenous Communities, LGBTQ2S+, Persons with disabilities or special needs, Women
WE ADDRESS THESE ISSUES:
- Health & Wellness, Living Standards, Safety
For more information or to support our work
CRA Registration Number
129935011 RR 0001