About Our Needs
We present three professional and/or semi-professional theatre productions per year, in Surrey and surrounding areas. We also teach, mentor, support other local organisations where we can and administer and care for a City of Surrey arts support facility.
• To make live theatre accessible for all, including those with intellectual or other disabilities both on stage as members of our team and in the audience when we present our Relaxed Performances.
• To create an inclusive, safe, respectful, supportive and creative environment for artists at all stages of their development
• To increase employment opportunities for professional theatre artists, particularly those from the Lower Mainland area outside of the City of Vancouver.
• To bring alternative choices in theatre programming to audiences outside of the City of Vancouver.
• To keep ticket prices affordable, making live theatre accessible to a wider demographic than is usual
• To create a new, original work including new music annually
• To operate the Studio at 10660 City Parkway on behalf of the City of Surrey and through that to offer sponsorship and other support for new and emerging artists in the Lower Mainland.
• To offer an annual free mentorship programme: special emphasis on youth
• To maintain high production values and excellence in all areas of our operations.
• To be good and productive members of the community by giving back and collaborating with other organisations
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company
WE SERVE THESE POPULATIONS:
- Children & Youth, Immigrants, Indigenous Communities, LGBTQ2S+, Persons with disabilities or special needs, Seniors, Veterans, Women
WE ADDRESS THESE ISSUES:
- Arts & Culture, Community Connections, Education