About Our Needs
ISCBC seeks to mitigate the social, environmental, and economic impacts of invasive species with a collaborative approach that engages the public, organizations and businesses, and all levels of government.
Through community-based education initiatives, we raise awareness of invasive species issues and encourage individuals to make small changes to their daily behaviors to reduce the introduction and spread of invasives. We regularly convene government representatives for dialogue about pervasive and emergent invasive species issues to support decision makers with the knowledge and resources to protect their communities from invasive species. By engaging in research and promoting knowledge exchange among academics, land managers, government leaders, and the public, we advance sector knowledge and strengthen capacity for effective response in BC, and beyond.
Get involved and take action against invasive species! Visit our website or reach out for more information on:
- Our youth volunteer program, where youth undertake meaningful community stewardship projects with the support of an engaged youth network and youth leaders!
- Resources to help you manage invasive species on your property or in your community. Gardeners, pet owners, recreationists and more can find resources to support responsible choices related to invasive species.
- Training courses to develop employable skills and attain certification relevant to your industry.
- How to identify and report invasive species in your area to help inform management decisions.
Please consider a donation in support of our efforts towards healthy communities and landscapes free of invasive species.
For more information or to support our work
Invasive Species Council of British Columbia
WE SERVE THESE POPULATIONS:
- Children & Youth, Immigrants, Indigenous Communities, LGBTQ2S+, Persons with disabilities or special needs, Seniors, Veterans, Women
WE ADDRESS THESE ISSUES:
- Community Connections, Education, Environment