It’s a delicate situation. Estate planners, financial planners, and other professional advisors are often faced with the same challenge: You want to discuss the many benefits of charitable giving with your clients, but you want to avoid recommending specific charitable causes or organizations.
Fortunately, there’s a simple solution. Your local community foundation — a single, trusted vehicle your clients can use to address the issues they care about most, while taking advantage of maximum tax benefits under federal law. We offer a variety of giving options — including the ability to set up a charitable fund in your client’s name. It’s just one way we can help you help your clients achieve their charitable goals.
Is giving through SurreyCares Community Foundation right for your clients?
Seven questions for estate and financial advisors.
- Do I have clients who care deeply about their community?
- Do they give to more than one charitable cause?
- Are they interested in creating a personal or family legacy in their community?
- Are they considering the creation of a private foundation, but are concerned about cost and administrative complexity?
- Would they like to stay personally involved in the use of their gift dollars?
- Do they want to receive maximum tax benefit for their charitable contributions under federal law?
- Do they place a priority on sound financial management of their contributions?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, your clients would benefit from knowing more about their local community foundation. Give us a call to find out more.
We help connect people to the causes they care about most. When your clients give through their community foundation, they receive personalized service.
We work closely with you and your clients to develop a giving approach that matches their personal interests and tax planning needs. We can help integrate charitable giving within estate and financial plans, establish Donor Advised or other funds named for your clients, facilitate anonymous giving, and assist with even the most complex gift instruments.
*from Community Foundations of Canada