Communications Intern Summer student, full time.
Do you love to write? Understand social media? Take media-worthy photos?
SurreyCares is looking for a full time communications intern for the summer to join our team, working from our Fleetwood (Surrey) office.
This is a paid position.
The successful candidate will have excellent skills:
- Interacting with people
- Creating social media posts, as directed by the communications committee
All applicants must be a full time high school, college or university student between the ages of 15 to 30 who plans to continue full time education in the fall.
Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Priority will be given to First Peoples or Newcomer students, in accordance with our Surrey Vital Signs research topics.
SurreyCares Community Foundation seeks a Development Officer – half time position
SurreyCares Community Foundation works to improve the quality of life for all area residents through the growth and stewardship of permanent endowment funds and the distribution of income to a broad range of eligible organizations and activities. Additionally SurreyCares works to support the community by undertaking research such as Vital Signs reports to inform funding and programming, and through other event supports of the charitable and non-profit sector.
The Development Officer undertakes the implementation of strategies to attract and steward sponsors and donors. This person assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems, including CRM, to fund development. Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
The Development Officer reports to the Executive Director, and may work with members of the Board of Directors from time to time. This position is permanent part time, with some flexibility required to accommodate various activities, including events.
Accountability and Deliverables
- Working with the Board and the Executive Director, maintain timely and consistent contact with sponsors and potential sponsors in order to establish, sustain and enhance positive relationships leading to initial and repeated sponsorships.
- Assist in overall planning and implementation of foundation efforts, including campaigns and events.
- Perform miscellaneous office tasks and organizational duties as needed.
- Research potential corporate partners and finetune sponsorship proposals
- Assist the Executive Director with fund development initiatives
- Grant writing may, from time to time, be required: research, writing and submission of proposals to public and private granting agencies
- Participate in SurreyCares events, as required
- University degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft suite of tools, internet, database.
- Comfortable with technology.
- Sound knowledge of development tools, policies, practices
- Demonstrated success in aspects of fundraising and fund development, including grant writing, soliciting and closing gifts of up to $25,000 or more.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills, good judgment and discretion
- Superb written and spoken English language skills
- Successful development department planning, monitoring and budget maintenance experience
Criminal record check may be required.
- Document design skills
To apply please email your resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add “Development Officer” in the subject line.